Friday, April 5, 2013

Brother Vellies

I came across this new (to me) shoe vendor, Brother Vellies, & I've fallen completely into shoe heaven. My favorite are the neon toed style (pictured below) & for all my mommy readers out there, they even have matching ones for your little ones!

I love the backbone & essence of how this company came to be and that they are currently employing 8 gentleman in Swakopmund, Namibia (Africa) who make 20 pairs a day by hand.  They are individually crafted from wild kudu leather, and each shoe is one of a kind and made to last.   No nails are used in the process.  They are finished by hand, using a knife to perfect the outer texture of the leather.

Definitely check out their website to see a lot of other styles and colors for men, women, & children.






No comments: