Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Cottage : Foodie Review

If you haven't noticed by reading my blog, I'm a bit of a food-lover.  But who isn't these days? With access to so many cuisines at our fingertips, why not try them all? Or at least that's my philosophy. 

I've decided to start incorporating 'foodie-reviews' into my blog. Duane & I try so many new places consistently in the Denver/Boulder area and while traveling are always looking for the 'best hidden local spot', I figured I would share our food experience with others.  

Up first, is the restaurant 'The Cottage', located in La Jolla, California.  Voted #1 on Trip Advisor in La Jolla for brunch, we had to try it out, while in the area. 

Duane ordered their french toast stuffed with mascarpone cheese, topped with fresh strawberries & bananas, and I enjoyed their Tuscan frittata, home-fries, a biscuit, & double expresso cappuccino.  It was our first stop, after we landed at 7am on our flight, & I don't have any regrets.  A solid 9/10 on my scale for brunch. 









No comments: