Saturday, June 8, 2013

Banana-nut Chocolate Chip Bread

Heavenly carbohydrates. One of my true weaknesses.  From breads, cookies, to bowls of pasta.... keep them comin' because I'm a carb-lover!

Here's my homemade recipe for my banana-nut chocolate chip bread.... I've taken a few different recipes over the years, added my own touches & made some tweaks; now I have a bread recipe that I'll be sure to pass down to generations to come.  I hope you enjoy it, as much as I do! :)








Ingredients

1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
PAM for spraying down pan
1 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
4 very ripe bananas (peeled/mashed ~ approx 1 cup)
3/4 cup toasted walnut pieces
3/4 cup of chocolate chips

Directions

1. Lightly spray a 9- by 5- by 3-inch loaf pan with PAM. 
2. Add Flour/Eggs, then combine the remaining ingredients into the bowl.  After additional to every 3 ingredients, stir with spoon. Once final ingredients have been added, the bowl should look like photograph above.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees 
4. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean, about 55 minutes. 
5. Cool the bread in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes. 
6. Turn the bread out of the pan and let cool completely on the rack. Wrap in plastic wrap. 

**The banana bread is served best the next day**


No comments: