Thursday, February 28, 2013

Glamping : Camping in Luxury

So I will be the first one to admit, I'm not much of a fan when it comes to ''roughing'' it in the wilderness.  Which is ironic to me, because one of my all-time favorite television shows, that I've been watching since I was a freshman in high school, is Survivor. At one point in time, I was going to put together a video & submit it to be a contestant on the show, that's how much of a fan I am. 

For travelers (like myself), who love nature but don't really want to forego their daily luxuries, there's a new concept called "Glamping" (a.k.a. Glamorous Camping). It's sweeping through the nation & becoming a hot new trend.  From exotic to generously plush canvas tents, glamorous campers have choices now all around the globe. 

The last few years especially, opportunities have been springing up all throughout the United States, giving Americans the opportunity to camp in luxury in various locales. 

I'm hopefully going to sweet talk my husband into making this a family vacation sometime in the future. You can sign me up for "Glamping" any day of Spring-Summer-Autumn & I'll be down! 

Here are my top two absolute favorites.  

The first is located in Greenough, Montana at the The Resort at Paws Up 










The second is located in Dolores, Colorado at the Dunton Hot Springs





No comments: