Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Winter dryness? Moisturizing is key.

With my recent move to Colorado, the air composition of 18% less oxygen has been the least of my concerns.  Although, I must admit, one of the first days I hit the gym I was huffing and puffing and could definitely tell there is a difference from my accustomed home in flat sea-level Florida.  No wonder they send Olympic athletes here to train!

Besides the oxygen composition difference in the air, living out West comes with the combination of extremely dry weather, with essentially no humidity.  This on one-hand is fabulous, given I'm a gal with curly hair that prefers her long locks to be straightened, but on-the-other, my poor skin has been having a more difficult time transitioning.  I've been lathering on lots of lotion after each shower, but I still felt like it wasn't getting the job done.

After a few different lotion trials, I've found my winter remedy that seems to be working fabulously; Barr-co Lotion.  It's available in a plethora of stores across the USA, from your local Anthropologie, to most health-beauty stores that carry a variety of lotions and soaps.

I wanted to feature this product because it's one I truly feel makes a difference in the winter dry months. Plus, it's an all-natural product and who doesn't love a product that when you're putting it on, you aren't taking the risk of harming yourself with unnatural chemicals?

This Barr-Co. Oatmeal and Shea Butter Lotion is more than 98% natural that contains no parabens or petrochemicals, as well as being a vegan product.

The key ingredients are aloe, purified water, glycerin, safflower oil, oat kernal flour, shea butter, jojoba seed oil, avocado oil, & vitamin E.  It is scented with milk, oatmeal, vanilla and vetiver.



Barr-Co. also offers an entire beauty line, including bath salts, candles, soap, & liquid bubble bath to name a few.  





No comments: