Monday, January 7, 2013

Embracing Winter

I look forward to the coziness of winter -- blustery storms, crisp cold air, hearty soups by candlelight, thick tights, thicker sweaters, and knee boots.

Inside of my home, winter always allows my oven to find its groove again. Scents shifting away from bright flashes of herby green and transitioning to deep, earthy baritones of roasted roots and rosemary. My soups and stews simmer & my selection of wines get fuller-bodied.  I have a list of items I want to do this winter & one is to weekly cook a pot of soup.

I plan on sharing a soup recipe with you once a week & tomorrow's blog post will be my 'classic & easy beef vegetable soup'.  Here are the soup recipes to look forward to in the coming weeks:

1. White chicken chili soup
2. French onion soup
3. Black bean soup
4. Cheesy broccoli soup
5. Chicken & rice soup
6. Corn, chile, & chorizo soup
7. Roasted Mediterranean vegetable soup

These soup recipes, will surely get us through the cozy winter months together and before we know it, Spring will have quickly approached. 





xx
Colleen 



No comments: