Friday, January 4, 2013

San Francisco

My husband & I had the opportunity to visit San Francisco last September after attending one of our good friend's weddings in Northern California on Labor Day Weekend.  Given the close proximity of San Francisco to Yosemite, plus my love and admiration of nature, we found it only fitting to add on an extra 3 days to the trip to visit Yosemite National Park.  The cherry on top, was that our two great friends, Kristen Lang & Azzie Osborne, decided to join us on our west coast adventure.

San Francisco thoroughly impressed me with it's beautiful views that were in every area of the city, ornate architecture, intriguing urban art, vast cultural diversity, and delicious cuisine. From the famous Ashbury street, Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, Alcatraz, to a Giant's MLB game, I can honestly say, I thoroughly enjoyed my visit.  Just one traveling tip (from one traveling gal to the next), make sure to bring lots of layers when you visit.... the wind off the bay can be quite brisk in the late evenings! 

Happy Traveling xx 
Colleen 



(City view of San Francisco) 

(My husband & I) 

 
(Solid shot of this sea gull that was flying over top of our boat during our tour)

(Our good friends, Kristen & Azzie) 


 
(Sailing the bay in September)

(Fisherman's Wharf on the Bay) 

(Urban art on Ashbury Street) 


 (View of Alcatraz Island

(San Francisco Giants MLB Stadium)  

(Kristen & I freezing our buns off at the Giants game)

No comments: