Tuesday, January 29, 2013

small things.

Yesterday, the Denver area received a few inches of snow. I was busy working on my computer and then gazed out the window, only to find a white beautiful bliss falling from the sky creating a winter wonderland.  I immediately stood up, walked to the window raising the blinds, and snapped a picture to capture that moment. I love that feeling of excitement when you first see snow falling to the bare ground, that quickly becomes covered in white, along with everything else in sight. You would think living in Colorado, that the winters would be extremely harsh with mounds of snow and frigid temperatures, but it's been quite the contrary. Almost all of January, minus a few days of frigid morning low-temperatures, has been unseasonably warm with no snow, ranging in the 40's-60's with plenty of daily sunshine.  I'm sure the skiers are going to be beyond ecstatic to have received a fresh layer of powder in the mountains, just as I am elated to catch any glimpse of the beautiful snow covered mountain views from my home or drive in the car over the next few days.

 { Lancome lipstick & lipgloss to add a 'pop' of color to my winter wardrobe. 
Colors: Exotic Bomb & Scarlet Blaze }

{  J.Crew earrings to wear with my Valentines Day beige dress } 

{ Ed Sheeran concert tickets arrived in the mail.   Official date night on the calendar for Feb 5th of dinner downtown followed by good music! }

{ Midday snack of yogurt covered almonds & a Blood Orange SanPellegrino, while reading about my one-true-love in life... 'baby photography' xx }


No comments: