Thursday, January 24, 2013

It's the Small Things

This past weekend, I hosted my first Colorado guest & amazingly beautiful (inside & out) friend, Steffie Peters! It was a jammed packed three days full of fun Colorado inspired things to do.  From our first NBA Denver Nuggets basketball game, experiencing downtown Denver nightlife, going to 3 local breweries, checking out downtown Pearl street in Boulder, having Ku Cha tea in a chinese ceremony style (by sitting on the floor with our shoes off around a small table), to stuffing ourselves full of brunch-lunches-dinners everyday at local restaurants.  We also visited Vail, Idaho Springs, Breckenridge, and Georgetown Lake, in addition to Denver & Boulder. It was truly a weekend to remember and cherish!

As for last week, here are my 'small things'....

{ Fact of life: Whole grain toast, chunky peanut butter, & a sliced banana is ALWAYS a delicious treat as a breakfast or late-night snack! }


{ Located in the heart of downtown Vail, I had my first 'the blues Jean Bar' shopping experience. }

{ Shopping this past weekend in downtown Boulder on Pearl street, I came across this amazing store with an entire wall filled with a vast selection of unique sodas. Something you definitely don't see everyday!}


{Steffie & I with a view of the Rocky mountains, as you drive on St. Rt. 36 into downtown Boulder, from my house. }


{ Walking on thin ice (literally) at Georgetown's Lake.  Moments in life like this are the ones I love most.... we were on a road trip to Vail, saw the ice frozen lake, pulled over the car & took the exit, and joined in on the fun as locals were ice fishing.  It was extremely windy and one of the 'coldest moments' I've had yet as a Colorado resident, but I was smiling & laughing every second of it xxx } 

No comments: