Saturday, January 5, 2013

it's the small things.

Growing up throughout my childhood, I witnessed my mother always enjoying the small things in life.  She never took for granted the smallest of things. Whether that be all four of her children gathering together for a holiday (which today has become difficult with us living in different states with different work schedules), having fresh ripe tomatoes on her vines in our garden out back, sitting down with my sister & I to have our ritual of 'hot tea & cookies' together, a summer family barbecue dinner, to simply just relaxing in the midst of Ohio's harsh winters, as we nestled together on the sofa, bundled under a blanket and watched The Sound of Music.  Those are the things I love most about life.... the 'small things'.  

I consider myself a gal that always treasures those moments & I refuse to take them for granted.  In saying so, I plan on using one blog post per week to appreciate 'the small things'.  This is one of my new year resolutions & one I plan on fulfilling this year.... it'll be great to reflect this time next year on all the small things throughout the year 2013 that put a smile on my face and just made me 'happy'.  Lets vow to each other to go on this journey together this year.... I would love to get feedback on each week's post of "it's the small things".  Tell me what's happening in your life this week to give you that moment we all treasure that makes you just smile, shrug your shoulders in relaxation, laugh a little, & love your life even more. 

xo,
Colleen 


(Every girl loves flowers & I'm no exception! Winter White just seemed fitting with the season) 

( TAZO Sweet Cinnamon Spice hot tea for two )


( 4 delectable macaroons paired with hot tea; flavors raspberry, pistachio, vanilla, & double chocolate)


No comments: